Sacramento Stepparent Adoptions Attorneys
Adoption can accomplish numerous purposes. It can provide a stable home for a child in need, it can enable a couple to start a family and it can solidify existing relationships in blended families. As you probably know, adoption is not a quick and simple process. It is often complicated and bureaucratic, requiring skilled legal representation from an experienced attorney who understands how the system works.
Navigating the Adoption Process
If you are interested in adopting a child or if you need assistance with another adoption-related matter, we can help. At the Law Office of Cecil & Cianci, PC, our attorneys can assist you in navigating the difficult but fruitful legal process of adoption. We can advise and represent you in:
- Understanding the legal and financial aspects of intrastate, interstate or international adoption
- Completing the required paperwork in a correct and timely manner
- Preparation for background checks and home studies that are required
- Court proceedings, including the adoption finalization hearing
- Stepparent adoptions involving children who are already in the family, including children of recently remarried parents
- Grandparent adoptions, kinship adoptions and custody matters involving extended family members
- LGBT adoption and same-sex adoption matters
- Single-parent adoption
- Cases where adoption is disputed by a biological parent or where termination of parental rights is a factor
- Adoption of foster children
Roseville Child Adoptions Attorneys
Our firm's California family law attorneys can answer your questions about important adoption matters of all kinds. Contact us to schedule a reduced-fee consultation with an experienced lawyer.